About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

HIGH! WELCOME TO CANNACAMP....

     Before I tell you about my favorite place in America, has anyone else read that McDonald's is about to re-release the McLobster? Wow! It's the McDonald's lobster roll! I love lobster rolls! They tried it back in 1993, but it was a total fail. Since there has been a new resurgence for the lobster roll, they felt it was the right time to bring it back for $10.99 a sandwich! Good luck with that Mickey D's! Anyway, I just wanted to mention that before I tell you about my next vacation visit. 

     So, for you non-travelers, Colorado is full of all-inclusive ranch resorts, where guests can hike, fish, play horseshoes and roast marshmallows. Well, this ranch has a new offering. You can smoke pot there without having to look over your shoulder. The 170-acre CannaCamp, which is opening tomorrow in Durango in sourthwest Colorado calls itself the nation's first cannabis-friendly ranch resort. Guests won't be given marijuana, because that violates state law. Instead, the resort allows guests to bring their own pot and use it while they're at the resort. Basically, you can walk freely with a joint in your hand. In addition to horseshoes and hiking, guests are offered yoga sessions and workshops on marijuana cultivation.

     I have to be honest; I guess my friends and I always thought every resort was cannabis-friendly because we just didn't care. We smoked openly wherever we went. That's why sometimes I wonder how I stayed out of jail. Well, happy I did, but the real challenge with this Colorado resort would be getting your weed there unless you drove out to Colorado. Flying with weed is a real risk for anyone.

     Joel Schneider, head of the management group opening CannaCamp, said in a statement, "We're bringing an element of luxury to that adventurous, exploratory vibe of childhood summer camp, in a beautiful setting where visitors can enjoy marijuana in a safe comfortable, social environment." That description really just sounds like my house. 

     Guests stay in cabins that allow smoking on porches but not inside. Rates start at $395 per person per night, with a three-night minimum. I will admit that seeing Colorado and being on a resort with like-minded people might be a lot of fun. What would knock this resort out of the ballpark would be clothing optional, but then again, we all know what these nudist colonies look like....Blubbery naked people. For more info on CannaCamp, check it out at www.CannaCamp.co. 

No comments:

Post a Comment