About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

&$%# THAT!

     Now, I grew up with a trash mouth. Every other word out of my mouth was an F-bomb or some other creative curse word. When I got into radio back in the late 90s, I had to train myself to curb those curse words if I was to be allowed on the air. That took a lot of work, but eventually training myself to use less curse words helped make me sound somewhat intelligent when I spoke. Today, they slip out every now and then, but it's all in context. 

     Well, in Arlington, Virginia, having a potty mouth will cost you pretty penny to put in the swear jar. Apparently, those caught swearing in public will now have to pay up to $250 in fines after the county passed an ordinance over the weekend that raises the penalty for profanity and public intoxication. The law, which was adopted on Saturday by the Arlington County Board, increases the fine for anyone "appearing intoxicated or profanely cursing" from the original $100 fine. 

     The crackdown on lewd lawbreakers comes after the Arlington Police Department reported arresting 664 foul-mouthed or drunken offenders in 2014. Several bar crawls ended up in brawls, public urination and wild antics, including one man who stripped naked and tried to flee from police. 

     The new ordinance changes unclear phrasing in the original law from "drunk" to intoxicated" in order to include those under the influence of drugs. The measure also decreases the penalty for repeat offenders. Those convicted more than three times in a year from $500 to $250. 

     I'm just fucking happy that they don't have that shitty law here in fuckin' New Jersey because I would be in some fuckin' trouble! All kidding aside; a law like this could cause a lot of problems here in New Jersey, but then again, it can also make New Jersey a lot of money because not only are we the Garden State; we're also the Foul-Mouthed State. My fellow New Jerseyans beware when visiting Arlington, Virginia. Don't say I didn't fucking tell you so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment