About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

DOES SIZE MATTER, LADIES? NO, NOT THAT SIZE......

     Aah! The age old question of "Does size matter?" We're talking about diamond sizes here, so get your mind out of the gutters! Yes, I pluralized gutters because every one of you thought penis right away! 

     Anyway, 27-year-old Rachel Pedersen had to take to Facebook recently to proudly defend her 1/4-carat diamond engagement ring, which friends and family suggests needs an "upgrade." Here's what I don't get; why can't friends and family just mind their own freaking businesses? If she is happy with her small diamond because it means something to her, why is that any concern of theirs? I'm a family-oriented man (and I'm also a family-oriental man...Ha Ha!), but when it comes to family sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, that's where I draw the line. 
   
     Pedersen wrote in her post, "I've even had one person say 'you could wear a bigger ring for important events, so people don't think you're not successful.'" Okay, not for nothing, but the person who told her that is a little pretentious and needs to get over themselves. It was probably her mother....Oops! Pedersen responded, "Wait a minute.....since when did the size of someone's ring become an indication of success!?" 

     Rachel Pedersen and her fiancee Poul Pedersen eloped just 13 days after meeting at a Minnesota Perkin's Diner. They have two children together, Dakota, 5, and Delilah, 1. Rachel was a single mother to Dakota before meeting Poul in 2013. She works as a digital marketing consultant, while Poul is a Service Advisor at Mini Cooper. Pedersen also wrote on Facebook, "My ring symbolizes a whirlwind, storybook, 'make you sick' love story...It reminds me of how my husband and I met and fell in love in one night at a Perkin's diner." 

     Even though the mother of two had dreamed of Tiffany's 2-carat, round-cut solitaire, she soon realized that her discovery of true love was much more valuable than a big rock. She said, "Diamond size doesn't usually equal the amount of love between two people." Her post received more than 46,000 shares and over 15,000 comments. Some social media users even noted that her rock wasn't even that small. Other commenters stood by Rachel's words and said the relationship and having a great partner is much more important than the ring. One user wrote, "Your ring is bigger than most because it has a real love behind it." 

     I hate it when family becomes so judgmental. When I bought my wife's ring, I also worried, "Is this too small? Is she going to think it's big enough?" It turns out, she loved the ring, it was the perfect size and she still gets compliments on it. Yes, I'm talking about the ring! I agree with that last quote wholeheartedly! When real love is behind that ring, it really doesn't matter how big it is.....Again, the ring is what I'm talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment