About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, August 26, 2016

COCKS NOT GLOCKS?

     I'm sure many of you saw this story yesterday, but in the event that you didn't, here it is. Now, I'm not one to debate anything political because to be honest, I know jack shit about politics. I do know, however, that we are screwed after this election. When it comes to guns, and this is just my opinion, so you debaters looking for a debate can find it somewhere else, I feel people have a right to bear arms to protect themselves in this crazy world, but just like all things in life, there's a time an place for it. Do I think that obtaining a firearm should be a little bit more difficult. Hell yeah! I mean there should be a total psychiatric evaluation when giving someone a gun. That might help lower the bloodshed in America. Again, just the way I feel. 

     That being said, to protest a new state law that makes the carrying of concealed handguns legal in college classrooms, students at the University of Texas on Wednesday openly displayed sex toys, an act considered illegal under local indecency laws. The leader of the protest, Jessica Jin (pictured above) said, "We are fighting absurdity with absurdity. 'Cocks Not Glocks: Campus (Dildo) Carry,' where hundreds of sex toys were given away at the rally on Wednesday that coincided with a return to classes at the university flagship campus. 

     Jin stated, "Texas has decided it is not all obnoxious or illegal to allow deadly concealed weapons on campus, but walking around with a dildo could land you in trouble." On August 1, a so-called "campus carry" law went into effect that allows concealed handgun license holders aged 21 and older to bring handguns into classrooms and other university facilities. The lawmakers said campus carry protects the rights of gun owners and could prevent a mass shooting on campus. Um....I don't know if I agree with that. Yes, it might protect from a mass shooting, but it call also be the cause of a mass shooting because once again, there is no evaluation of gun owners mentally. I definitely do not agree that guns should be allowed on campus or in a classroom. As a student going for my Master's Degree, I just would not feel comfortable with that. Like I said, I'm okay with people carrying, but I don't think it's necessary in a classroom. You might ask, "Well, Tim, when is it necessary?" I would say, "Just not in a classroom!" People are there for an education. Who will be able to concentrate knowing Joe Blow sitting next to you has a gun in his back pack. Say he accidentally forgets to put the safety on and the gun goes off. Oh, well, Debbie Downer sitting in the front row just got her head blown off and she was just here earning her degree. Accidents happen, right? 

     Anyway, hundreds of university faculty and staff lobbied unsuccessfully to block campus carry, arguing the combination of youth, academic stress, alcohol and firearms could make for a deadly combination. I might have to agree with that one. A U.S. district judge on Monday denied a motion from three University of Texas professors who wanted to ban guns in their classroom after the state gave some students that right under the law that went into effect earlier this month. 


     On Wednesday, protests organizers shouted slogans like, "If you are packing the heat, we are packing the meat." That his hilarious! They also handed out hundreds of sex toys donated by area sex shops. They also handed out plastic zip ties so that protesters could strap the sex toys on their backpacks in a sign of defiance against campus carry. Since I'm being honest here, this protest was utterly silly and hilarious, but in all reality, they do have a point as far as carrying guns on campus. It doesn't sound like they're fighting the right to bare arms.....Just the right to bare arms on a college campus. It is pretty funny that they were all carrying around dildos on campus. My question is how many guys actually carried one around? My other question is how many women used their new sex toy after the protest was over? See? I can always take it there.    

No comments:

Post a Comment