About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

CHECKMATE ON FAST FOOD!

     A few weeks back, I mentioned that I no longer ate fast food because of it's nutritional value or lack there of. In that same blog, I mentioned that there was a fried mouse found in someone's bucket of chicken at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Well, maybe today's blog will swear you off of fast food forever because not only is the food not healthy for you, but apparently, the workers behind the counter are not healthy for you either. By the way, I'm in no way a health food advocate. I still eat like crap. I just don't eat the fast food crap unless I'm in a real rush or I enjoy sitting on the bowl a few times a day. 

     Anyway, a video surfaced online of a Checkers employee wiping a hamburger bun across the kitchen floor before using it to make a sandwich. Well, that video has obviously gone viral, drawing ire and disgust from fast food diners, as you would believe it would have. The video allegedly filmed at a Baltimore-area location last month, was posted online this past Tuesday. By this morning, it racked up more than 500,000 views on Facebook. In the video, an unidentified employee drops the bun on the ground and rubs it on the tiled floor. Then, she picks it back up and smears sauce and pickles on it. I want to throw up just envisioning this. Take a look at the video for yourself:


     Checkers' senior vice president for human resources, Lori Malcolm responded with a video of her own insisting  the tainted burger was never served to a customer and claimed the employees made the video was a joke. In the response video, which was released on Wednesday, Malcolm also stated the workers involved in the clip are no longer employed at the suburban Baltimore burger joint. She said, "I, like you, am appalled and disappointed by what I saw in that video. We spoke to the employee in the video and her mother, and the employee is very sorry and embarrassed about what happened." Is she embarrassed because she got caught? I thought she didn't really use the bun. This video is all I needed to see to never, not only eat at a Checkers ever again, but any fast food restaurant ever again. You just can't trust kids handling your food.

     Checkers said it is continuing to investigate the incident. Here is a video of the Lori Malcom's response: 

No comments:

Post a Comment