About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Friday, August 21, 2015

WHO NEEDS UNIVERSAL STUDIOS?

     Last year, my wife and I visited Universal Orlando for the first time in years. One of the themes at the popular movie theme park was a recreation of Springfield, home of The Simpsons. As huge fans of The Simpsons TV show, my wife and I had a blast in this area of the park.

     A Canadian couple decided to take their love of the classic animated TV show one step further. Superfans Marcia Andreychuk and Joel Hamilton decided to recreate the kitchen of 742 Evergreen Terrace in their own home, so they can live like The Simpsons. That is awesome! 

     The Canadian couple have painstakingly made over their kitchen to honor their animated heroes by replicating every last detail of the kitchen. Andreychuk told a news source, "I'm attracted to the quirky! One day we had this bizarre idea to take what we already had and turn it into The Simpsons kitchen. It's not like we're ripping the kitchen apart and putting a ton of money into it. We're taking what's already here and adding color basically."

     Andreychuk, who is from Calgary, has covered their appliances to match Marge's color scheme and has been creating the replica by recycling many of the materials. Even the iconic corncob curtains are in their kitchen, as are the eye-catching floor tiles. The couple can't get enough of Homer and his family's antics and Hamilton even said, "Every winter I watch every single episode that's been released. The Simpsons for me is actually a baby blanket. If I'm not feeling very well, if I'm depressed, if I have a bad day, I come home and pop The Simpsons on and I'm 10-years-old all over again and everything is alright."

     That is so awesome! Now, if I can only convince my wife to turn our basement into the Bat Cave from the 1970s TV series; that would be amazing! That's not likely to happen, but this Simpsons kitchen thing is still cool as hell! It must be so much fun to have dinner at their house!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment