About This Blog....

Welcome to a blog that has become home of the stupid....And what I think about their stupidity.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

MORE STOLEN VALOR

     I have so much respect for our men and women who defend this country and fight for our freedoms. Do I think we should still be overseas? Hell no! Let those animals kill each other. Why do we even need to be involved. Regardless, my respect for our men and women who fight for our freedoms will never lead me to dressing like them. Don't get me wrong, I will wear camouflage shorts or pants every now and then, but at least, I'm not dressed in full fatigues. To me, that is a lack of respect those who risked their lives for our freedom. Last year, I even wrote about a guy in a Pennsylvania mall around the holidays wearing full fatigues to go shopping so he can receive military discounts. Well, when a video went viral showing his stolen valor, I believe the man was given some jail time because this is a federal offense.

     Well, a new video has risen of another act of stolen valor as a guy decked in military garb at a Florida bar got called out by another patron who accused him of pretending to be an infantryman so he could pick up chicks. In video footage posted by Eric Coins, a young man in civilian clothes quizzes a swaggering older man wearing army fatigues at a watering hole in Sunrise, Florida near Miami. 

     In the video, the uniformed man gets aggressive after being asked where he did his boot camp, why his uniform doesn't have a name badge and whether he had a Geneva Conventions ID Card in the profanity laced video. The two-minute clip starts with the man claiming to have served with the 10th Mountain Division Infantry but struggling to name where he completed his training mumbling that he did it in North Carolina. The women in the group sitting with the uniformed man started to stick up for him asking the young questioner if he had ever served. The group laughed when the questioner admits he's never been in the military. Why would they laugh at him? He's not the one wearing fake military fatigues. I never served in the military and if I saw someone wearing fake fatigues, I would call them out too. Why should they get any of the glory while they sat around and did nothing?

     Not to be deterred, the young man asks about the lack of an identifying name badge on the uniform. One woman intervened to ask the questioner, why he doesn't just "get it over with" and perform oral sex on the older man, which led to a roar of laughter and a high five from the older man in uniform, who explained, "I took it out! You know why I took it out? I don't want nobody to know my name." Okay, so that's not fishy at all. You're wearing a military uniform, but you don't want anyone to know your name? Is that even legal? 

     Another woman called for a time out, but the older man moved at the questioner, "Are you a cop?" The young questioner reminded the man that the U.S. Army Infantry School is located at Fort Benning in Georgia and not in North Carolina. He went on to tell the older man, "You realize what you're doing is a federal offense, right? Where's your Geneva Convention ID card?" The enraged guy in uniform, putting up his dukes says, "What's wrong with this motherfucker? Put your drink away and I'll tell you. Please try me right now!" 

     The two had to be separated by bouncers and it wasn't immediately apparent whether there will be charges in the connection with the incident, but Coins wrote on his YouTube that he and his friends observed the man "trying to pick up girls and get sympathy drinks," so they decided to act. "He's scum to America and we couldn't let that fly!" I say good for them for acting on the fact this guy was stealing valor!

     In 2013, President Obama signed a revision of the Stolen Valor Act, which criminalizes a person who "with intent to obtain money, property or other tangible benefit, fraudulently holds oneself out to be a recipient of a decoration or medal." Violators of the law face fines or up to a year in prison. So, basically, if you see these acts of stolen valor, please report them! I think it's disgusting that these scumbags are stealing valor from people like my brother-in-law, who served two tours for our country! Not even he goes out in his Army fatigues and he deserves to. 

Here is the video for your viewing pleasure: 

No comments:

Post a Comment